Saturday, May 23, 2009

Weekend Update

There haven't been any significant developments in the pregnancy, but I know a lot of you like to stay up-to-date, so I'll share a small report on my appointments this week. The first appointment was a regular ObGyn appointment, and the other was for a non-stress test (where they monitor the babies' heartbeats and my contractions for about half an hour). Here's what I learned:
  • My belly is now as big as a full-term single baby pregnancy
  • The good news: Both babies are staying head down (they need to stay that way to avoid a c-section). The bad news: I have four feet pointed directly at my ribs, which they are now big enough to kick, regularly!
  • It's very possible to monitor "both" heartbeats for half an hour before realizing that they were actually monitoring the same heartbeat on two different monitors. :)
  • My doctor will consider taking me off bed rest in two weeks, and off the contraction medication in four weeks. Yay!

1 comment:

Jenia said...

All sounds like great news... except the rib kicking part!. How great if you could go off bed rest too!