Monday, June 8, 2009

Her Name is Leila

We keep getting surprised by milestones when we go in to visit the girls! Last night we went to feed Hadley at 9:00 pm, and the nurse decided that it was okay for us to hold Leila for the first time! She had to keep her mask on, but we were able to see some more facial features than before, and of course, cuddling with her was just the best thing we could have asked for.

She has a piggy nose because of the mask. :) She was holding my finger really tightly and holding it to her cheek ... it was the sweetest thing I think I've ever experienced.


And, as I'm sure you can tell based on Daddy's post, he couldn't get enough of his younger baby girl. He told me that he falls asleep smiling every night now, thinking of his gals. It's almost more fun to watch him hold them, than it is to hold them myself ... almost!

3 comments:

The Gerster Family said...

you can tell she wanted her momma by how tightly she was clutching your finger...she misses you!

Jenia said...

Tt is just so sweet!

Mitzie said...

Grandma Mitzie & Grandpa Steve are thoroughly enjoying the frequent pictures and updated information...the next best thing to being there :)