Saturday, August 29, 2009

Museum Day 2009

Since becoming a stay-at-home mom, I've discovered a love for coupons and good bargains. It kind of gives me a thrill to walk out of the grocery store having spent $90 and saved $70! Last night, we ate at a restaurant using a buy one get one free coupon, and I just signed up for a promotion at our mall where they're giving away free $10 gift cards. I guess if I have to have an addiction, saving money is a good one, right? :)

Usually, I pass along good deals to people by e-mail, because they're only local deals. But because this one is national, and because I think it's nice to get out and act sophisticated every once in a while, I thought I'd post about the Smithsonian's Museum Day 2009. Go to their website and look up what museums are participating in your area, print out a voucher, and get free admission to that museum on September 26th! And it's not tiny unheard-of museums, either -- it's actual art museums, botanical gardens, zoos, and children's museums. Have fun!

And since no post is complete without a picture, here are the girls, smiling away! (Hadley top / Leila bottom)


4 comments:

Jenia said...

First of all.. HOw in the world do you go to the grocery store and save $70, you need to give me a lesson in saving money. Second... love the pics of the girls and their dreses look super cute on them ;-) See you next weekend!!

Jeni said...

Great information - thanks Heather!
The girls are super cute, too!

Harry Jude said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KarenRuth said...

You never cease to amaze me, Heather! The girls are so cute!