Saturday, October 10, 2009

Goodbye Grey and Giant Grocery Gains!

Even though I won't be writing her a memorial like our other cat, we did decide to give our cat of 2 1/2 years away this week. On an especially stressful day, I looked around the house and realized 1) we feed her; 2) we clean her litter box; 3) we clean up her hair from everywhere ... and what do we get in return? Constant meowing, which had started to wake the girls from their naps. In her defense, she missed Copper, and we weren't giving her the love she needed, which is why she had started meowing. Hopefully the family that we gave her to can give her what she needs!
Also, I have to brag on myself a little bit. Combining coupons and sales at the grocery store, I spent $60 and saved $110 this week! Definitely my best grocery week yet. It was so exhilarating! :)

2 comments:

Jenia said...

So sorry you had to give away Grey! Once again I am completely in AWE of your grocery shopping ability... I guess if I calcalated what I buy that is on sale I would see my "savings" too... I just have not been a very good coupon shopper... unless, of course, it is to The Children's Place :)

Rebecca said...

Are you going to share your secrets on how you saved $110 on groceries?