Friday, December 18, 2009

Let's Get Physical

Here's an update on the twincesses health! We had our six month checkup yesterday, and a big thank you to Grandma (my mom) for going to the appointment with me. You know I couldn't have done it without you!

Leila is turning out to be our "chunky" baby, at 14 lbs 10 oz! That's the 25th percentile, not adjusted for prematurity. Everything looks great with her, although she is still a little behind developmentally because they were premature, but no worries! Leila's favorite thing to do right now is lay on her back with her feet straight up in the air. :)

Even though I call Leila fat, I don't really mean it, since Hadley is running a close second at 14 lbs 5 oz. She's a little farther behind than Leila, but again, no worries. I don't think I've mentioned on the blog before that Hadley was born with torticollis, which is just tightening of the neck muscles on one side because she was in a funny position in the womb (a.k.a. growing for 7 months with somebody sitting on her!). This is probably the reason that she's developmentally behind Leila. She's been in physical therapy for three weeks now, and the P.T. says that she is already showing signs of being ready to graduate! That's my overachiever! She really loves to play on the exercise ball at therapy.
Oh, and did I mention that the twins are still sleeping about 18 hours a day? That's to make you other moms out there jealous. :) Even the pediatrician was surprised! I don't know how it's happening, or how I got lucky, but I'm thankful for a little time to myself!

No comments: