Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Very VanHorn Year

Yes, exactly a year ago today, we found out that we had not one, but two, buns in my oven!

What a year it has been ... endless doctor's appointments, getting two of everything, generous baby showers, bed rest for five weeks, finishing my employment from the couch, waking up to my water breaking six weeks early, giving birth both ways, two weeks in the NICU, eight weeks on oxygen, breastfeeding exclusively, sleepless nights, screaming car rides, first smiles, first giggles, thinking "I can't do this!" and "I am so blessed!" within minutes of each other on several occasions ...

And I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

I wrote about the moment when Tony and I found out earlier this year, so I won't repeat myself, but if you haven't had a chance to read that posting, click here.

Also, I've had my blog for a year now. If you're bored, go back and start from the beginning ... see how my belly grew, check out ultrasound photos, and see how big the twins have gotten!

2 comments:

Jenia said...

It has been a wonderful VanHorn year and we are thrilled that there are 2 babies to love!

Brian said...

I remember hearing about your twins on Facebook from Jenia or Melanie. Then, in what turned out to be terribly ironic, I saw my wife comment that she couldn't help but be a bit jealous :-). A week later we found out that we too were expecting twins. Unbelievable :-)