Sunday, January 17, 2010

Oh Lei!

We've got a sitter!

What do you think she's trying to say with her four fingers? "I only hit my head four times today while working on sitting up!" Or, "I want my favorite football team to get four touchdowns today!" Or, "I was born on June 4th!" I'm sure it's something like that. :)

Although Hadley isn't sitting yet, she is rolling over consistently, which Leila isn't doing. So, they're taking their own paths to reach the same goal ... which I have a feeling they'll do all their lives!

Also, I am proud to announce that Leila slept all night last night for the first time! I've been dreading the inevitable time when I was going to have to let them cry to get them to sleep all night, since in my heart I know that they're not waking out of hunger anymore. Last night, Leila didn't wake up when Hadley started crying, so I let her sleep, knowing that I would probably have to get up again in the night to feed her when she did wake up. (It's the golden rule of twins to always feed them at the same time, but I let it slide just once!) She snoozed right until 7 a.m., their normal wake up time! Was it a one-time accomplishment? Maybe. But I think it will help me not worry that they're starving when I do let them cry.

And yes, that is my Christmas tree in the background. On January 17th. I assure you that it came down this afternoon. :)

1 comment:

Jenia said...

Lots of exciting things for your girls! Yea!!!