Monday, March 22, 2010

So Happy Together

Fact: Tony and I have awesome friends and family. So awesome, that some friends of ours agreed to watch the girls overnight so that we could celebrate our 5th anniversary in style! (It's not officially until the 25th, for those of you who are wondering.)

Here we are, celebrating freedom after about 5 minutes in the car! Yes, we were at a stoplight, Mom...

Our gorgeous hotel room at The Warwick in downtown Denver. We got a suite with a private balcony! The best part? I scored the room at 50% off!

On the way to dinner, we saw a tree with a heart carved into it. Corny picture? Yes. We don't care. :)

Our hotel had a rooftop pool! It was heated, but neither of us felt like risking pneumonia in 30 degree weather. I did get this funky shot of the view from up there while I was playing with the panorama feature on my camera.

Where's Tony? On Sunday, we explored the area west of Denver on I-70, including a stop at Red Rocks Amphitheater, which is pretty cool!

We realized about halfway through our time away that we REALLY missed the girls. It was nice to be away (and get some sleep!), but in the end, we couldn't wait to get them back in our arms. From what I gathered, they did pretty well without us, except that they have colds, which was unfortunate timing. Thanks, Wes and Rebecca, for taking such good care of them!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Wow, good for you two! Matt & I still haven't celebrated our 5th anniversary...I was largely pregnant and didn't feel like going out and when we tried celebrating our anniversary this year, we had to cut our night short because our son got sick. And we'll be celebrating #7 this year. :) Glad you guys got a chance to go out!