Saturday, May 8, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again

I just got back from six days in Washington DC, where I event planned the National Day of Prayer Observance on Capitol Hill. What an amazing time! There were five events in 48 hours, and I can honestly say that I was only seriously stressed for about three of those hours. (And that might be because I was too busy to eat for about 24 of them.) You can read a little about the event as a whole by clicking here. I was involved in the observance at the Cannon Building, not the Capitol steps.

One random thought about my time in DC: I accidentally got through security at a government building with a box cutter in my purse. I'm not entirely confident in our national security if somebody who isn't even trying can get away with something like that. :)

Back at the ranch, Tony was a stay-at-home dad for the week. He did such a great job, and he truly enjoyed himself! I think the girls doubled in size while I was gone. I missed them so much, and I've been soaking in the minutes since I arrived at home.

Here are the things the girls accomplished while I was gone:
--Hadley: got her first tooth
--Leila: got her second tooth, can get to sitting up from laying down, and crawls/scoots backward ... but not forward :)

Hadley is still behind. I'm thinking that might be from the torticollis that she had for the first six months or so. I'm not worried, though. Here's my firstborn, using her latest pose. Maybe she's concerned that Mommy is away ... or maybe she doesn't want to eat her carrots.

And here is a good shot of Leila's first two teeth.
Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers who read my blog! Know that you are a blessed woman if you have even half as much joy in your life as I do.

2 comments:

Jenia said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Heather! Our family really misses your family, have a wonderful day tomorrow!

MomK said...

Glad you made it back home safely!
And glad Tony survived the week!
Love you! Happy first Mother's Day! --Mom