Monday, July 26, 2010

Girlfriend Getaway 2010

My college roommates and I have taken a trip together every year since we graduated. Well, almost, because last year I was caring for premature twins on oxygen, so we skipped it ... but I think that's a fair excuse. :) This year, our destination was Chicago, so we headed out over the Fourth of July weekend. We had so much fun! We ate, shopped, went to the beach, ate, went to a Cubs game, toured, ate ...

We also did an awesome job of traveling on a budget. I earned all the money for my trip by doing online surveys, shopping through Ebates, and submitting for grocery rebates, among other things. We booked our hotel on Priceline.com, the girls from Kansas rode the Megabus to get there, and we got very proficient at the public transportation system. I even hand-stenciled the shirts that we wore to the Cubs game, instead of paying for overpriced fan t-shirts!

(Whitney, me, Heather, Katie ... I heart you guys!)

Of all the places we went, I had the most fun at the Cubs game, Molly's Cupcakes, and Garrett Gourmet Popcorn ... and I'm probably forgetting a few other favorites. Yes, it's getting a little obvious that I love food. I'm looking forward to next year ... any suggestions on a destination?

No comments: