Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Sucker Born Every Minute

Last week, the ladybugs (a nickname given by Daddy) had a fun first: their first suckers! Our neighbor got great humor out of sharing his Tootsie Pops with the girls ... because he didn't have to clean them up!

(Hadley / Leila)

As you can imagine, they LOVED the suckers. They carried them around until the suckers were covered in dirt and the girls were covered in red stickiness. At that point, I threw the suckers away.

Or did I?

Yesterday, the girls were being unusually quiet while playing together. When I went to check on them ... yep, those suckers had been dug out of the trash can and were being enjoyed again -- dirt, dog hair, and all! I guess I'm the sucker in this story! :)

1 comment:

Abby said...

I'm reading this right after finding Hudson with a popsicle he had dropped in the dirt. He was still eating away! They're getting their minerals, right? :)