Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tony's Turkey Trot

On Thanksgiving Day, Tony ran in his first 5k! There's a big tradition (I think it's nationwide) called the Turkey Trot, held on Thanksgiving morning every year. In ours, there were at least a thousand people who ran.

Of course, I had to show support for Daddy from Hadley and Leila! I made "Team Daddy" shirts that they wore, although we had to take the picture before we left the house since we bundled them up.

The temperature was a cozy 15 degrees when we arrived at the start, which was one of several reasons that I didn't envy him a bit. My sister, my brother-in-law, and my nephew also competed, so several members our our family came to support them. My mom even made signs for us to hold!

Can I be honest, and tell you that I was near tears twice during the race? First, they played "Chariots of Fire" when the race started. That was all it took for me to act like a blubbering fool. Then, when I saw Tony coming toward the finish, I was so proud that the misty eyes started up again. He beat his personal best, of course. Ah, I love that guy and the things he accomplishes. Not to mention my other family members and their incredible finishes as well!


3 comments:

Anne said...

Good job Tony! And I'm with you, Heather...hearing Chariots of Fire will make me a blubbering fool anytime. ;)

Jenia said...

Yea Tony!!! Great job :)

KarenRuth said...

Wow! Go Tony!