Monday, December 13, 2010

Deck the Haul: The Finale

The gifts have been purchased and wrapped! I debated about waiting until our Christmas gifts had actually been given to show you the final results of my Christmas Challenge, but I'm not great at waiting. For anything. Just ask Tony about how I ruined his wedding proposal. Seriously. :)

Here is the rundown: I've purchased presents for all 10 people on our list. That number may seem low, considering the size of our families, but all of our gatherings use name drawings now, and the adults on my side of the family are giving to charity instead of gifting for the first time this year. Also, we purchased one present for the twins to share (I'll show you later), and that's been in the garage since this summer, so I didn't factor that into the budget.

Our budget for those gifts was $100. And, really, I wasn't sure I could do it and have
any money left over, since that's only $10 per person, and in the past we usually spent about $20 - $25 per person.

But, as you saw in my other post, I ended up getting really nice, quality things, like this all-natural set of six paints:
And this yoyo doll:
...and those are the only things I'm going to share, because I know the adults read my blog and I don't want to ruin their surprises!

Total cost for all of our gifts: $34
(An average of $3.40 per person!)
Total we'll be giving to help others: $66

As you know, we don't have a lot of wiggle room in the ol' budget, so I'm pumped to be able to make a difference in somebody's life solely by bargain shopping! What a great challenge. Definitely one I'm already looking forward to doing again!

3 comments:

amandatiffany said...

Heather, you are amazing! Great job!

Anna Kristina said...

congrats - it's so exciting you get to give over half your Christmas budget and have such great gifts!

Bon said...

Way to go Heather! You are so good at being frugal. Wow!