Friday, January 14, 2011

Deck the Haul: A Little Compassion

This is Rehema. She's from Tanzania, and she's the child that we're now sponsoring through Compassion International. This is what we've decided to do with the money that I saved during Christmas.

When we were deciding what to do with the money, I initially thought we would give to World Vision or Samaritan's Purse. I love the idea of giving a goat or a mosquito net (among so many other things) -- basic life necessities that can change lives. The reason we went in this direction instead was that I didn't want to spend the $66 we had saved, pat myself on the back, and walk away. I wanted to make a year-round commitment to making a positive change in somebody's life. What a blessing to us AND Rehema!

I'm looking forward to spending even less so that we can give even more in the future.

No comments: