Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Finger Painting

I'm not great at planning organized activities for my children. My idea of an organized activity is "go to park" or "play with toys". Also, I think they're just now getting old enough to participate and enjoy anything that requires much of an attention span. But I do follow a couple of blogs that have fun learning activities for kids ... maybe to make myself feel like a good parent. :) When I saw this recipe for homemade finger paint at I Can Teach My Child, it seemed like a good thing to try out!


The best part of this recipe is that it's made with edible ingredients. It doesn't taste good, but I knew the girls would put it in their mouths ... which they did ...


Then Hadley decided to forget about painting on the paper and just do some body paint.


Then, MORE body paint. :)


...while Leila painted nicely on the paper. I would have guessed that it would have been the other way around!


Our end results! They didn't really catch on and love it, but it was a fun afternoon activity that I'm sure we'll do more often as they get older. Followed by being sprayed off in the backyard, of course. :)

No comments: