Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hadley's Happenings

I realized that I've been posting plenty of quick bites about our life, but I haven't really sat down and written about each of the girls and their personalities recently. So, in the couple of days leading up to THEIR SECOND BIRTHDAY(!), I'm going to take a few minutes to share about each of the girls. I'll start with my first born.


Tony calls her "Happy Had". I call her "Hadley Lou" (her middle name is Luella) or "Haddie". Leila calls her "Laddie". Grandma K. says she's a ray of sunshine, and you couldn't say it better; she just radiates sweetness. She's a little smaller and a little behind Leila developmentally -- she didn't even walk 100% of the time until she was about 20 months old. But don't let her fool you! She puts Leila to shame at the dinner table, and is happy to be the brains behind Leila's brawn. She should probably get disciplined more than she does, but she's so quiet about being disobedient, I don't realize what she's doing until it's too late! :)

Between the two of them, she was the first to learn to use a spoon, and the first to learn how to undress herself -- usually at inappropriate moments. Her little voice is higher pitched than sister's voice; I was surprised to recently realize that I can tell them apart on the phone. She's constantly thinking, and it shows in the pictures we take of her. Unless it's the one below, where she was working on a new smile ... or something ...


(Look at those curls!)

Hadley sticks close to home in new situations, but once she warms up, she loves to play with everybody. She especially loves wrestling with Leila in one of their cribs, but she's also the first one to play quietly by herself with her cars or her baby doll. (I saw her trying to put a diaper on her doll the other day, which was absolutely adorable.) And in case you might think that Hadley is Mommy's gal, let me assure you that this one is all about Daddy. Every so often, she'll get liberal with her snuggles and kisses for me, but for Daddy, there is no reserve.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some of my favorite Hadley-isms, but I think that paints a pretty good picture. We have so much love in our hearts for our sweet, smart little gal.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Hello...couldn't resist posting a comment. Paula is our photographer and friend on facebook...I had to share that we have an almost 2 year old Hadley!