Monday, June 27, 2011

Impromptu Ultrasound

This weekend, Tony had plans to hike two Fourteeners (mountains that are over 14,000 feet in altitude) with a buddy. I didn't want to stay at home by myself, and the mountains Tony planned to climb are close to where my parents live, so we decided to make a weekend out of it and visit my parents.

Mom was talking to a friend of hers about my pregnancy (I have a feeling that she was saying that I'm HUGE for only carrying one) :) and the friend mentioned that the pregnancy center where she (the friend) volunteers has to perform a certain number of ultrasounds per week in order to maintain their certification. She suggested that we give them a call to see if they needed a test subject. Sure enough, they did!

So, on Saturday afternoon, after about 12 weeks of not going to the doctor (no health insurance, but it's coming on Friday!), I got to see our little one again. Yes, there continues to be just ONE baby in there! :) Here's one of the pictures -- head on the right, body on the left. You can see baby's spine along the top of his/her torso, and you can kind of make out baby's profile, looking down.



Tony couldn't come, since he was hiking, but mom, the twins, a niece and a nephew came with us. Leila got really protective of me when I was on the ultrasound table, so she spent a lot of the ultrasound sitting up by my head on the table. Thankfully, the nurse was awesome about all the chaos. She also told me that she could tell what the baby is ... but out of respect for our little poll (and because Tony wasn't there), I told her that I didn't want to know. Hardest thing I've ever done. :)

Speaking of our "little" poll, it's CRAZY! Over 80 people have voted, yet the vote continues to be incredibly close. Last time I looked, it was within three votes. You better vote, because your vote will make a difference!

No comments: