Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Two by Two: Birthday Party!

(This turned into a pretty lengthy post. I tried to do collages where I could, and you can click on the collages to see them bigger. Enjoy!)

So, my babies turned two! We celebrated with a family barbeque at our house on Saturday. The theme was "Two by Two: Noah's Ark". Get it? Our TWO are TWO? I thought it was clever. :) Really, it was just an animal theme. I loved it!

I started by buying this set of clipart on Etsy. Adorable, right?

Then, made the invitation:

Then it was party day! Here's a few pictures of the birthday girls (Hadley pink, Leila yellow). Our wonderful neighbor embroidered two little bears sitting on an ark onto their tank tops. It was her idea, and I think it was perfect!

My sister, Paula, made the banner. Paula has an Etsy store, if you're interested!

Food! In the front center, you'll see that I made a rainbow out of fruits and vegetables. It wasn't as pretty as I wanted it to be, but the idea was still fun!


Another thing Paula helped me with: labels for gummy bears, goldfish, and animal crackers (you know, to go with the theme...)


We had animal masks for everyone to wear. The kids had a blast with them!


Another sister, Becky, makes the most AMAZING cupcakes. Paula make the cupcake toppers, which blew me away!


Some of my favorite party people photos:


As you can see, it was an awesome time with family. We all took long naps afterward. :) And I think I need a nap after all this blogging! :)

2 comments:

HummingBird Unlimited said...

Very cute Heather!

Jenia said...

Wish we could've been there!