Monday, September 19, 2011

33 Weeks (and a comparison shot)

This week in pregnancy is very significant for me.  Today, I am 33 weeks, 4 days pregnant.  I delivered the twins at 33 weeks, 6 days.  Assuming that I make it a couple more days, I am now entering territory that I've never experienced before -- the last six weeks of a full-term pregnancy!  Sure, I was carrying over 10 pounds of baby when I delivered the twins, so the weight won't be new for me, but I'm excited about (okay, dreading, too) those STRONG full-term baby kicks.  I'm excited to be able to say "okay, baby, come any time!  You're healthy enough to stay out of the NICU now."  And I'm sure there will be a little confusion for Tony and me when we go to the hospital to deliver.  There's not going to be 20 doctors and nurses in an operating room with us when we deliver?  You really will let her stay in our room right away?  Weird.

Anyway, just for fun, here's a comparison photo of my two pregnancies for you.

Left: My very last twin pregnancy photo.  33 weeks, 1 day
Right: Yesterday. 33 weeks, 3 days


It doesn't look like there's as much of a difference in size as I thought there would be!  And I've got six more weeks?  :)

No comments: