Wednesday, October 26, 2011

39 Weeks

The truth is, technically, that I'm not quite to 39 weeks.  But let's pretend that I am because I don't think my belly will change much in the next couple of days.  :)


As you can see, I've moved to "shirts that are too small and constant sweatpants" status.  Because who really wants to buy something that fits when your due date is only about 10 days away?  Also, it snowed today, which put me in a little bit of a shoe crisis -- the only ones that fit right now are flip-flops.  It's okay, I managed.

The stats: I'm 4.5 cm dilated and 80% effaced.  Which basically means nothing, except that labor will happen in the relatively near future.  I never thought that I would be restless like this.  When the twins were born prematurely, I longed for the experience of a full-term pregnancy, and it's true, I'm very thankful to be carrying this baby.  But she's HUGE!  And she KICKS!  (Sure, the twins were bigger combined, but they were weaker, and in general, it felt very different.)  And I've had various signs of "early labor" for almost a week. So now I understand what other women are talking about when they complain about discuss the end of a full-term pregnancy!  :)

The other side to my restlessness is that I cannot wait to meet this little gal!  What does she look like?  How big will she be?  Will she be easy-going or need lots of attention?  What's it like to have ONE newborn at a time?  I'm excited to move to the next phase.  And I'm sure you're anxiously awaiting the news that she's been born as well!  Shouldn't be too much longer!

3 comments:

Anne said...

You still look great, Heather! (Oh and whenever I'm pregnant, I achieve the 'too small shirt and sweatpants' status WAAAAAAAY before 39 weeks. Try 28 weeks. ;)) And I had to wear flip flops in January when I was pregnant with Cameron because my feet were so swollen, I couldn't even wear sneakers! Hang in there girlie! You are SOOOOOO close. :) She'll be here before you know it!

Abby said...

You look so good, Heather! Hopefully your dilation/effacement status means your labor will be short and sweet! :) Praying for you!

Jenia said...

You do look great! I am getting anxious too to meet my newest niece :) The girls pray for you every night... Love you bunches!!