Monday, January 2, 2012

Yardstick Coat Rack

I haven't always considered myself to be "crafty".  I'm from a family of ridiculously talented crafters (Postscripts, for example), and on that totem pole, I'm pretty low.  And as long as I'm being honest, Pinterest is my major source of help for getting from an idea in my head to actual reality.  But, since I stay at home, I've realized that I need an outlet to give my mind something other than kids to think about every once in a while.  And, I'm in a craft group!  (Hi, Chi Gamma!) :)

So, starting now, I'm going to post my finished projects more often.  Here's one that just went on the wall today, and I am giddy about it.

Not only are the yardsticks fabulously vintage, but they also have special meaning to our family.  I collected them from my dear next door neighbor and both of Tony's sets of grandparents.

Also, I used metal brackets and a metal stamping set to create these cute little name plates for each hanger.  (Tony and I joked that we can't have any more kids now!)  :)  They're not perfect, but I think it adds to the charm.


We don't have much room in our little house for a coat rack, so this meets our needs perfectly.  And yes, my purse is hanging on the hook that's labeled with my name.  :)


2 comments:

rubyslipperlady said...

It looks fabulous, Heather! Well done!

Bon said...

Looks good to me. Clever idea even if it didn't start in your brain.