Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hadley's Happenings: 2.6 years


Haddie Lou, at 32 months, is turning out to be our thinker, marching to the beat of her own drummer. She's more reserved than Leila in social situations, but if she warms up to you, she'll bring you every toy in the toy box: "wook at my toy!"


Hadley's favorite activity is coloring.  She spends hours every day at the little table, scribbling away in her coloring books.  Right now, there are a lot of squiggly lines, and LOTS of circles.  I didn't know that 2 1/2 year olds could learn how to draw circles, so I'm thinking she's gifted!  Don't tell me otherwise.  :)


Hadley also loves to sing.  She has an amazing memory for songs, and sometimes we make requests just to see how many she knows.  We're usually surprised.



Hadley, like Leila, has been daytime and naptime potty trained for about a month now, with the exception of some accidents when there's lot of activity and she forgets to tell somebody that she needs to go.  I almost quit training Hadley during the first week -- there were so many accidents that I figured she wasn't ready yet.  But she kept trying, and now she's doing better than Leila in many ways.

I couldn't ask for a sweeter, quirkier gal to fill the place of "firstborn" in our family.  You're a great "big" sister, Had!

1 comment:

Jenia said...

Sweet Hadley! Wish I could spend more time with all the girls :)