Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter 2013

He is risen, indeed!

We enjoyed a lovely weekend with my family at my parents' house.  If I haven't said it before, I LOVE three-year-olds (almost four!).  Everything is so new and exciting for them!  We participated in a community Easter egg hunt, and Hadley and Leila did such a good job.  They understood the concept ... and loved the results, of course!

Here they are, all ready to hunt.  My niece Trinity is on the right.  She's a little mommy.  I couldn't believe how much she carried Marlowe around ... Marlowe is not a light load to carry!  :)




On Sunday, we celebrated Jesus's Resurrection at my parents' country church.  I love country churches, don't you?  The church service was beautiful.  Here's the girls in their Easter dresses, which will double as princess dresses for something this summer.  They love them.


Funny story about these bunnies that Hadley and Leila are holding: if you found a golden egg at the Easter egg hunt, you could exchange the egg for a stuffed animal.  Leila found a golden egg right away, and she exchanged it for the purple bunny (maybe it's Lavender's mom?).  About 20 minutes later, a friend of our family "hid" a golden egg for Hadley to find.  Hadley and I walked over to the prize table and handed the worker the golden egg. She said, "Oh, I'm so sorry, but each child can only have one stuffed animal."  I replied, "Yes, I know, she doesn't have one."  The lady was obviously confused, and I couldn't figure out why, until *light bulb!*  I said, "Oh!  Her identical twin already got a stuffed animal!"  I'm sure she was thinking, yeah, right, likely story...  but she let Hadley pick out the brown rabbit anyway.  :)

1 comment:

Jenni Lynn said...

What cute girlies! I love your youngest with her pigtails! And i love the photo with 4 little girls, your family would look adorable that way!