Monday, September 2, 2013

Baby 4: 38 Weeks

Happy Labor Day!  We have about 6 hours of holiday left, and it doesn't look like I will be having my own personal Labor Day today.  We celebrated with a bunch of family, just eating our fill and playing at a park for several hours.  It was a nice, relaxing day.

As usual, my Braxton-Hicks contractions are ramping up, sometimes nearly constant.  I'm dilated to 2.5 cm and am 50% effaced.  Oh, and a fun new pregnancy effect that I have is poor circulation in my legs.  Whether I'm standing up or sitting down, my legs are generally tingly.  So, with all that being said, I don't expect to make it to the baby's due date (September 13), but you just never know.

Besides, I look like this, which I'll freely admit isn't as big as I've been with the other two pregnancies, but just imagine a 8 lb baby nestled in there and maybe you'll feel a little bit of compassion for me.  :)


In family news, Hadley and Leila start preschool next week.  They're SO excited.  They'll be going two afternoons per week, which I think is just the perfect amount.  They're very smart kids (doesn't every parent say that?) so I'm excited to see what they learn as well.


Marlowe is busy keeping up with her older sisters.  She imitates their play, their words -- pretty much everything, and it's adorable.  She's such a happy, cheesy gal.


I told Hadley and Leila recently that the day Baby Sally (as they call her) is born will be her birthday.  They're now insisting that we have to have a birthday party for her, and made me promise that we'll have pink cake at her birthday party.  :)  I can't wait to have a little celebration, and I can't wait to see these girls become big sisters!

No comments: