Saturday, September 7, 2013

Baby 4: 39 Weeks

I don't think I've ever posted a belly picture two weeks in a row, but I decided to do it for two reasons:
1) My hair and makeup is done today.  :)
2) I thought that last week's picture would be the last one, and since I want to get a good picture as close to the baby's birthday as possible, you're going to see one a week until she arrives.  :)


Last night was a first for us.  I woke up at 2:45 a.m. with contractions that were consistently 10 minutes apart.  I've had Braxton-Hicks for months now, and these were definitely not Braxton-Hicks.  After several contractions, I woke up Tony, and even though we knew that we needed to wait for closer contractions before calling my sister to come over and heading to the hospital, we took advantage of the time to pack our bags.  I ate "breakfast" and took a shower.  Two hours after they started, the contractions were still 10 minutes apart, and since it was still basically the middle of the night, we decided to rest until they got stronger and closer together.  I dozed and woke up during contractions for at least another hour, then fell asleep hard.  By the time the kids woke up at 7:30, the contractions were gone.  

Ugh.  So, today, I've had very inconsistent contractions -- sometimes 10 minutes apart, sometimes an hour apart.  Since my water broke with the twins, and my entire labor was only 6 hours with Marlowe ... this is quite annoying.  :)  But surely this means that it won't be much longer ... right?  

1 comment:

mvanhorn said...

Well, I had to labor longer with Tony, which didn't make any sense at all. So I know 3rd deliveries are not always shorter than the previous ones. We are verrrrrry excited and know that this little granddaughter will make her appearance soon!