Friday, November 22, 2013

10 Years Together

I have a lot of things to do today, but there's someone who has been on my mind lately, and I just can't go any longer without writing about him.  This guy.


Or is it this guy?  You can see why I started dating him, right?  :)


Tony and I have been a couple for 10 years this month.  Or last month.  Funny thing about us ... we can't remember any of our "firsts" except our wedding date.  No idea when we started dating ... it was sometime after Homecoming and before Christmas.  Can't remember when our first kiss happened, and we even disagree about the location.  We know we got engaged in August, but don't know what day.


We haven't aged a bit in ten years, have we?  ;)  Anyway, my hubby has been putting up with me for ten whole years!  And ladies, I'm sorry to tell you, but I got the best one.  Straight up, nobody even comes close, best one.  Let me count  randomly bullet-point the ways:

  • He makes breakfast for the whole family, every single morning.
  • He is the sole provider for all six of us.
  • He walks in the door from work and jumps in wherever he's needed at home, without complaining.
  • He rocks our babies for hours at a time when they'll only sleep in somebody's arms.

  • I ruined his marriage proposal, and he still married me!  (I promise to write about this someday.)
  • He loves to build and work with his hands, which means that we can work on our house side-by-side.
  • He doesn't correct me when I'm telling stories, even when he knows I'm exaggerating for added drama.  :)
  • He's muy guapo.

  • He loves our children.  I especially love to watch him when he holds our new babies for the first time.

  • He plays with our children.
  • He makes the annoying phone calls that I don't want to make, like insurance.
  • He lets me pretend to be in charge, even though we both know that he's the boss.
  • He leads our family prayerfully and strives to be a Godly husband and father.
There are at least a hundred more reasons that I'm glad I've got this guy to share life with, but nap time is almost over so I've got to put on my game face.  Thanks for a wonderful ten years, Tony!  Can't wait to see what the next ten hold ... and the ten after that ... and the ten after that ... and ....

No comments: