Monday, December 8, 2014

Marlowe's Bright Birthday Brunch

We celebrated Marlowe's third birthday at the beginning of November with a brunch party!

We broke our usual "family only" rule, and changed things up with a "friends" party.  (Side note: I agonized over which of our friends to invite.  Please don't feel bad if you didn't get invited this time!  I promise that you are loved.)  :)

I didn't really have a theme in mind -- I just knew that I wanted to have a brunch and decorate with bright colors.  So, naturally, I asked the attendees dress to match the theme.

One of the problems with not having our family at the party was that I didn't get to benefit from my sister's awesome photography skills.  So for this post, you're stuck with my photos, which aren't nearly as good.  :)

Here are our guests.  I caught everybody smiling!  What a great group of kids.


For drinks, we had strawberry milk and orange juice in milk bottles with crazy straws.  The kids LOVED the crazy straws.


Here's Ava, modeling the eyeglass straws.  They didn't stay on very well, though.


And here's the food table.  For the party, having the table against the window worked out really well.  For taking pictures, it did not work well at all.  :) Most of the decorations were free, or I reused them from something else.


We had egg casserole, an apple dipping station, pancakes ....


... and THIS.  Candied bacon.  It was amazing and you need to go make some right now (FYI, I skipped the cayenne in the recipe).  Definitely the hit of the party, for the grown-ups, anyway!


For the cake, I made a stack of colored pancakes with whipped cream frosting.  I cut out a "3" with my Cricut and just laid the cardstock on the top and poured sprinkles in the makeshift stencil.


Birthday girl!  She loved her day and soaked up all of the attention.  What a special little lady.


It was a beautiful day, so the kids ended up playing outside most of the time.  We had glow sticks and silly string to play with, which I didn't get a picture of.  

Here's some shots of the other girls that day.  




Happy Third Birthday, Marlowe Grace!

No comments: