Thursday, July 30, 2015

Hadley's Happenings: 6 Years


Time for the 6 year update on my twins!  Every year, I get a little bit later when I write this.  Eventually, I’ll just have to skip a year to catch up.  J 

Hadley and Leila are at Uncle Tex and Aunt Paula’s this week for Vacation Bible School at their church.  There are two things there that they love dearly: their cousin Trinity, and KITTENS!  I haven’t even been able to get them to talk to me on the phone for more than a couple of minutes because being there is just so exciting!  But we all miss them, especially Marlowe.

Well, the twins turned six back in June, and we celebrated with a picnic themed party.  We had so much fun.  Now they have 100 different ideas for next year’s theme.  We’ll see what they come up with!


I always start the yearly update with our “oldest”, Hadley.  This year, Hadley started and finished her first year of Kindergarten.  (I say “first year” because we are switching schools and the birthday cut-off date is different at our new school, so they’ll do Kindergarten again this year.  I’m sure they’ll be at the top of their class!)  Hadley really excelled in school.  She picked up reading incredibly quickly and was reading easy chapter books by the end of the year.  She tested well above “benchmark” in all areas at the end of the year as well. 


One of my favorite things about Hadley is her creativity and innovation.  Almost every day, she decides that she wants to make something, and will figure out how to do it, usually with just paper, crayons, and tape.  She’s always so pleased with the end result, even if it doesn’t work or ends up breaking.  She’s made costumes, kites, books, homemade stuffed animals ...  there are so many more that I can’t even remember.  She and Leila also regularly throw “parties”, complete with invitations, themes, and stuffed animal attendees.


Also this year, Hadley took up a campaign for a baby brother.  She has always loved babies and has decided that our family needs another one.  She’s a sweet and loving big sister, for sure.  She made the most adorable list in the world.  On this list, she named the baby (Levi Max, because that’s what she would have been named if she had been a boy), listed all of the activities that they could do together (including “choklet”, “rok a by baby”, and “soker”), and even gave him a birthday (May 25).  At the bottom, she wrote “I Love You”.  My mommy heart melted into a puddle.


And that’s a short look at Hadley Luella at 6 years old.  Love you, Haddie, my sweet, quirky, friendly, funny daughter!

No comments: