Friday, August 21, 2015

Anticipating Baby Five!

The VanHorn Family is adding another member!


We're very excited!

Here's my first belly picture.  Ridiculous, I tell you.  This is about 8 weeks pregnant.


And on Tuesday, we got to see little one for the first time.  Isn't this photo amazing?  You can see the entire baby, even the little dots for arms and legs.  He or she is only an inch or two long!


Here's a funny story: pregnancy tests apparently get a little less eventful when you're on your fifth kid.  I remember hovering over the test while holding hands with Tony when we found out we were pregnant for the first time, in 2008.  This time, I ran to the store and bought a test during nap time.  When I got home, Tony was outside trimming trees.  I told him not to worry about coming inside (I actually didn't expect a positive test).  You know how tests are supposed to take 3 minutes or something?  Well, this test was positive after about 5 seconds.  I went to the door and yelled at Tony, "We're pregnant!!" He yelled back, "Okay!  I'll come inside in a minute!"  :)

But really, we can't wait for March.  The kids can't wait either.  What a joyful time.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Hee hee!! Love the way you told him and his response!! :D Children are a blessing, hope you enjoy your #5 as much as we do ours. ;)